Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Leap Year


Ta-dah... oh yeah it's leap year .... so those Feb 29 born ..... "celebration"!!!

Couple of wks ago I received a SMS from my friend Pia ..."leap year pala ngayon pwede daw mag propose ang girls sa boys" .... my first received SMS for that day .... in which I replied ..... "At bakit sinasabi mo sa akin iyan? haha"

I'm aware that it exist.  I mean that Leap Yr thing ....  is tradition the right word?  I dunno ...

It was the movie  Leap Year  that introduced me to that thing.  See below.
Anna Brady plans to travel to Dublin, Ireland to propose to her boyfriend Jeremy on February 29, leap day, because, according to Irish tradition, a man who receives a marriage proposal on a leap day must accept it.
I needed to hit the rewind button from time to time because I fall asleep for countless times haha.  Not my movie I guess.

And yesterday I encountered about this twice.

But is there really a tradition like this in some part of the world?  Does it really exist or atleast existed?  Was it acceptable then?  Someone tried?  Gonna google it ... haha

Care to ask me if  will I ever do this thing? ... nah ... why wait for Feb. 29 when you can do this any day of any year ... haha ... of course now I'm joking ... **sinaunang tao pa din ako sa isip sa salita at sa gawa** haha ... so gehls (girls) wanna ride on this thing? u still have 22 hours left to think about it .. tee hee .. gluck :)


1 comment:

Sweet said...

Yes No Facebook pa din po for 40 days :) nakalink lang po ang blog ko sa Facebook Account ko :) ... I've been receiving mobile notification comments sa link na to sa FB ..... I'll see you on Easter Sunday sa FB :)