Sunday, March 04, 2012

Stand for the Environment - Ms. Gina Lopez

Last Friday afternoon my twitter timeline was flooded by - "Why Mining" debate.  Anti-mining activist Ms. Gina Lopez of ABS-CBN foundation for the side of No to Mining and Mr. Pangilinan - chairman of Philex Mining and Mr. Gerry ??? sorry I forgot his last name for the side of Yes to mining. Ms. Gina's name was a trending topic in the Philippines from Friday to Saturday.  She gained respect, support and admirations from netizens.

Here's the heated exchange between the parties : 

gina-lopez-vs-manny-pangilinan-in-whymining-conference
         (hold your temper sir .. talo ang pikon)

Who has the most to gain and who has the most to lose on this debate??? Ms. Gina Lopez is an Environmentalist while he is a Chairman of a Mining company.  Make a stand.

Note: Reading between the lines  I think she's not for a total mining ban.

Below-link is Ms. Gina Lopez after Friday  - Why Mining

Stand for the environment

No to Mining!!!!!!

Lyrics to Paraiso :I. Return to a land called paraiso
A place where a dying river ends
No birds dare fly over paraiso
No space allows them to endure
The smoke that screens the air
The grass that's never there
Refrain 1:
And if I could see a single bird
What a joy!
I try to write some words and create
A simple song to be heard by the rest of the
world
II.I live in a land called paraiso
In a house made of cardboard floors and walls
I learned to be free in paraiso
Free to claim anything I see
Matching rags for my clothes
Plastic bags for the colds
Refrain 2:
And if empty cans were all I have
What a joy!
I never fight to take someone else's coins
and live with fear like the rest of the boys
Chorus:
Paraiso, help me make a stand
Paraiso, take me by the hand
Paraiso, make the world understand
That if I could see a single bird
What a joy!
This tired and hungry land could expect
Some truth and hope and respect
From the rest of the world
Repeat Refrain 2
Repeat Choru

No comments: